Inter Library Loans Notes for the Responder Library
Responder Libraries can:
- Refuse to lend any item.
- Impose conditions of use.
- Determine the replacement cost of lost or damaged items.
When replying to requests:
- Ensure action taken is clear.
- Unnecessary headers, disclaimers etc. should be removed from emails before forwarding.
- Take care to Forward or Reply to the appropriate email address.
- If an item is on loan do not reserve unless requested to do so. (Some institutions apply to a series of single locations – do not assume you are the only location, even if the request does not include a rota.)
- Requester libraries may expect a response, or their request to be forwarded to the next location within 3 working days.
When supplying Items:
- Ensure due date and request number are clearly visible.
- Include a returns address label.
- It should be assumed by the responder library that all relevant copyright documentation has already been obtained.
- The responder library may choose the method of transport used for the supply of an item.
- The requester library is responsible for an item upon its receipt from a responder library until it has been received back by the responder library on its return.