- FIL Homepage
- Who We Are
- Contact Us / Join Us
- FIL Membership Benefits
- FIL Committee Benefits
- Best Practice Guidelines
- Future Events / Conferences
- Past Conferences
- Past Events
- FIL Sponsorships
- Electronic Material and Inter Library Loan Requests
- Links to Other Organisations
- Links, Catalogues & Resources
- Members Area
- Call for speakers
- Updated UK & Eire Theses Access Policies
- Supply Pricing Survey for 2012-2013
- Survey into the Supply of E-material and ILL Requests
- Call for speakers
- British Library Document Supply Service (BLDSS) Online Videos
- BLDSS Customer Rollout - Update
- New Look Copac
FIL Twitter Feed
Call for speakers
SAVE THE DATE & CALL FOR SPEAKERS
Background:The Forum for Interlending and Information Delivery (FIL) are delighted to confirm that the only UK annual conference specifically for and about the world of inter-library loans, Interlend 2016, will be held at The Best Western Royal Beach Hotel, Portsmouth on 27-28 June, 2016.
As the premier UK inter-lending community conference, Interlend annually attracts around 60-80 interlending staff from all levels of seniority, although it should be noted that a large proportion of our delegates are inter-lending practitioners – library assistants rather than professional grades. They come from all sectors of the Library community, primarily UK based and with perhaps more from HE/FE and Public Libraries than any other sectors. Interlend is also renowned for offering our delegates practical tips and guidance, as well as broadening their understanding of the world of interlending; as such, we try to encourage all our speakers and breakout session facilitators to keep this in mind.
The FIL committee now invites applications from the inter-lending community to speak and/or run breakout sessions or workshop sessions.
Conference Title: Embracing Differences: Diverse customers, varied methods, same goals!
The theme for Interlend 2016 centres around the themes of continuous improvement through the sharing of best practice across the ILL spectrum
• Interlending & Document Supply Service Reviews
• Service Development/Practical solutions to everyday problems
• The impact and implications of recent changes to copyright law
• Interlending tools and systems
• Money Saving Initiatives
Other topics might include:
• Administering ILLs using different Library Management Systems
• E-documents and Publisher’s permissions
• Diverse Library environments – public, health, academic
• E-book lending: future possibilities
Breakout sessions are typically 50 minutes long and can be tailored to meet the speaker’s needs – either chalk-and- talk or workshop based.
Speakers accepted at FIL events will be able to attend the conference free of charge on the day on which they are speaking, along with one night’s accommodation where required and all reasonable travelling expenses. If speakers would like to attend the whole conference, a discounted fee of £95.00 will be charged to cover additional costs.
Proposals should include:
• A 500 – 800 word abstract detailing your proposal. We will also require a short description of your session (max. 50 words) which will be displayed when delegates are choosing their parallel sessions
• A 50 word speaker biography
• Full Contact Details
Proposals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th February 2016 after which point they will be reviewed by the Committee. The Chair will be in touch with all applicants after this date to confirm or decline your proposal. Submission of a proposal does not guarantee acceptance, and the Committee’s considered selection of proposals is final. We regret that due to time restrictions no correspondence over the decision will be entered into.
If you’d like to informally discuss possible themes, topics or approaches for your sessions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Sandra DeRoy email@example.com
For more information about FIL, including how to join, please visit the FIL website at www.forumforinterlending.org.uk
We look forward to discussing your ideas further.