Friday 15th March 2013
British Library, Boston Spa
FIL's ever popular annual interlending event
- FIL@BLDSC Programme
- Twitter Storify – FIL@BLDSC 2013
- BASE doc Chris Hand, Library Services Manager, Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- Twitter: It's All Gaga! Marie Lancaster, FIL Chair/Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Copyright: A Librarian's Nightmare? Emily Goodhand, Copyright and Compliance Officer, University of Reading
- How To Get Published.. Andrew Booth, Director of Information,University of Sheffield
- The BL Lean Experience Andy Appleyard, Head of Document Supply & Customer Services, The British Library
'Are We There Yet? Document Delivery in Wales'
FIL Welsh Event
9th May 2012
Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama
- Getting to Know You – Using Social Media to Network Mandy Powell, CILIP Wales
- Books4U – Regional Partnership in Action Chris Clark, SE Project Officer & Julie Clement, Swansea Public Libraries
- FABLibraries – The Road to a UK National Catalogue Elizabeth Robinson, OCLC
- Open Forum Discussion
- British Library Update Kate Ebdon, British Library Customer Services Team Liason Officer
The event was sponsored by CILIP Wales with support from the Kathleen Cooks Fund. Kathleen Cooks was librarian of Llandudno from 1947 to 1973. She bequeathed a sum of money for the benefit of libraries and librarians in Wales, and the interest on the bequest is available annually to support projects and developments.
Friday 16th March 2012
British Library, Boston Spa
Our ever popular FIL@BLDSC event had a Health Libraries focus.
- FIL@BLDSC Programme
- Event overview blog post, FIL Chair, Gareth J Johnson
- British Library Update & BLDSS Andy Appleyard & Anthony Troman, British Library
- Notes from Improving Service Visibility and Impact Workshop Gareth Johnson, FIL Chair/University of Leicester
- Health Libraries and the Interlending Equation Margaret Rowley, Head of Knowledge Management, Worcestershire Health ICT Services
- Notes from Tips, Tools and Resources for Tough Times Workshop Lucy Wilkins, University of Bristol
- FIL Sponsored ILDS 2011 Delegate Report Lucy Wilkins, University of Bristol
FIL/LIEM Workshop – Meeting the Challenge: Interlending for the Future
David Wilson Library, University of Leicester – 3rd November 2011
Co-hosted by the Forum for Interlending (FIL) and Libraries and Information East Midlands (LIEM) the workshop aimed to provide an opportunity to hear from key regional and national interlending staff and services about how they are meeting the challenge of delivery efficient and effective customer service. There was also the opportunuty to hear how the British Library and OCLC are working towards meeting similar goals.
- Gareth Johnson (FIL Chair) – The Challenge of Delivering an Effective Document Supply Service
- Tim Peacock (E-Resources Administrator, University of Derby) – Ebb and Flow at the University of Derby
- Annie Charlton (Application Services Consultant, OCLC) – Finding a Book in UK Libraries: Towards a National Catalogue
- Barry Smith (Head of Commerical Services, British Library) – British Library Update
FIL@BLDSC 18th March 2011
Focused on the future of the British Library's document supply service, getting to Customer Services personnel, abd also feature the first ever public demonstration of the new British Library Document Supply Service.
- Andy Appleyard, Barry Smith & Anthony Troman – The Future of the Document Supply Service/Integrated Request Management Delivery System
- Kate Ebdon, Jo Cox & David Clayforth – Customer Services: The Inside Story
Document Delivery Workshop 2010 – Moving On
MRC, Wales. 12 May 2010
An Inside Look at the British Library Boston Spa
Our annual one day event FIL@BLDSC on Friday 19 March 2010. For the first time in several years tours of the British Library Boston Spa site were offered as part of this event, which was a great opportunity for new inter library loan staff to see how the British Library operates.
FIL at the British Library
London, November 2009
Interlending Training Day
FIL joined with the South Western Regional Library Service (SWRLS) to provide a training day for inter library loan practitioners on 26th June at Exeter Central Library.
Developing Document Delivery in Wales – A time to collaborate
FIL Document Supply Workshop at The Library, University of Wales Institute Cardiff (UWIC), Thursday 14th May 2009
- The Past, Present and Future of Inter Lending at UWIC Marie Lancaster (Microsoft PowerPoint file, 1MB)
- Document Supply Services – Past, Present & Future: Experiences at Swansea University Caroline Rauter (PDF file, 3703KB)
- British Library Update Peter Robinson (Microsoft PowerPoint file, 704KB)
- E-journals: impact on document supply Jenny Greene (Microsoft PowerPoint file, 1.56MB)
Our annual one day event FIL@BLDSC on Friday 6th March 2009.
All Change Please! Contemporary issues in Document Supply: What you need to know!
FIL/LIEM Document Supply Workshop
Thursday 8th January 2009
David Wilson Library, University of Leicester
- British Library Update Peter Robinson (Microsoft PowerPoint file, 2.78MB)
- ills @ derby.ac.uk Tim Peacock (PDF file, 123KB)
- Report of the SED Workshop (Linda Clark, Facilitator)
Friday 14th March 2008
- The British Library’s Collection and Collecting Policy Graham Shaw, Scholarship & Collections (PDF file, 35KB)
- Getting the best from the British Library Integrated Catalogue Frances Lill (PDF file, 239KB)
- British Library Newspapers Stewart Gillies (PDF file, 536KB)
- Additional Storage Programme R Aspey, Manager, Additional Storage Programme (PDF file, 2106KB)
- Customer Service Update and Document Supply Service Developments Susy Wootton, Marketing Manager (PDF file, 521KB)
John Rylands Library, Deansgate, Manchester
Wednesday 12th December, 2007
The John Rylands Library houses some of the most significant books and manuscripts ever produced. The magnificent neo-gothic building in Manchester's city centre is a major visitor attraction as well as a research library of world renown. The collections include exquisite medieval illuminated manuscripts and examples of the earliest forms of modern printing including the Gutenberg Bible, as well as the personal papers of distinguished historical figures such as Elizabeth Gaskell, John Dalton and John Wesley.
Attendees were able to learn about the management of this unique stock from collections specialists, and enjoy a private view of collection items not currently on public display in a 'Close Up' session.
The event included a guided tour of this beautiful and fascinating building.
This Specialist Library Visit, including mid morning refreshments, was offered free to members of Libraries North West and the Forum for Inter Lending & Information Delivery.
'A thoroughly enjoyable and informative visit, thank you for organising an excellent event'.
Avril Patterson, from University College Dublin, represent FIL at the 10th Interlending and Document Supply (IDS) Conference, Singapore, 29-31 October, 2007.
Friday 16th March 2007
- Recent and upcoming service developments – 1, Barry Smith (PDF file, 39KB)
- Collaborative storage for the UK HE Sector, Stephanie Kenna (PDF file, 24KB)
Friday 17th March 2006
Friday 31st October 2003
To suggest a topic you would like to see covered at a future event, or if you are interested in arranging a regional event, please contact any member of the FIL Committee.